- Like hockey, each lacrosse association has a boundary. Any player inside that boundary belongs to that said association and requires a Release
to play lacrosse elsewhere.
Strathroy Screaming Eagles
- any player who lives within the Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc are property of Strathroy Minor Lacrosse.
London Blue Devils
- any player who lives within the Municipality of London are property of London Minor Lacrosse
- any player who lives within the Municipality of Sarnia are the property of Sarnia Minor Lacrosse.
Any player who does not live in any of the above mentioned municipalities would play for which ever association's Municipal border they live closest too.
OLA Residence Rule:
A player who is eligible but resident in a municipality with no minor team in any group for which
he/she is eligible, shall sign with the club which is the next closest centre. The distance shall be
measured from the player’s residence to the two or more municipalities concerned, by the
shortest route (excluding toll roads) and by mileage shown on the search engine dictated for OLA
registrations for the current playing season. Such player must return to his resident municipality
the next year of play; at which time, should the club have no team for which he/she is eligible, the
player returns to the association with which he/she was previously signed and is considered
- If you are still unsure which association you are required to play for, please click on the following OLA link; Where Do I Play
- There are no residency rules that apply to players wishing to play House League. Players can play House League lacrosse with which ever association they prefer.